Thursday, February 14, 2013

Getting Back To Normal, Kind Of

We have internet! Hurray! More posting ability, and Downton Abbey watching ability! (Seriously, I'm obsessed.) Now that story time posts are over (Did you enjoy those? I'm not sure if I did.) it's back to what's going on. Honestly, it's a bit boring to report. On Sunday the day went something like this: walk down 3 floors, pick up box, walk up 3 floors, set down box, walk down 3 floors, pick up another box, walk up 3 floors, set down new box on top of last box and repeat. Dear me did my body hurt on Monday. Thankfully Brandon's parents, his brother, his brother's girlfriend and his cousin were crazy enough to come help us. Really, how many people do you know that would help you carry 36 boxes up 3 floors? I can't image how we would have done it on our own. After all 36 boxes were in the apartment they even helped us unpack almost of them and his dad hung our curtains and put shelves in our kitchen! They were awesome. We spent all day on Monday organizing and unpacking the remaining boxes. I've been fighting off a cold since we got to NY so on Tuesday Brandon insisted that I rest for the day and not touch a box. So I did. It was glorious. Then again on Wednesday it was back at it, trying to organize more, mostly THE closet. That's in all caps because we only have one. One closet. One. Needless to say there are quite a few things still laying around on the floor waiting for a home. But we'll get there. Not for a few more days though because tonight I am off to.....LONDON! Woo-hoo! I am quite excited. I went to London for a few days when I was in high school. Even though that has only been a short time ago, (Yes, those of you who know my age, it was only a short time ago! Come on now!) I don't remember a lot. I plan on being a tourist, just like Joey was in Friends. Although I hopefully won't have to "go into the map." The drawback is England is expensive, with one pound costing $1.50 I am afraid my budget will restrict me some. I did just move across the country after all. I'd really like to go to the Tower of London, but I may do that another day. It is suppose to be sunny and 48 so I may just do some walking around and see all the big sights. There will be a London soon to follow. And shortly after that, a Columbia post! Yes, next Tuesday I am going to Bogota! Super excited for that trip. So, lots of fun coming up. Check back soon for my reports!

*I'm working on the design of the blog so forgive the changing look for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment