Wednesday, March 20, 2013

NYC Living

I realized the other day that I had been posting about my trips a lot but not to much about our new home. In reality we havn't had a lot of time yet to just relax at home and explore. I worked most of the end of February after we moved in and then we went to visit my family in Tennessee for 5 days at the first of March and now I'm working a lot again. I'm looking forward to being home more soon and enjoying city life. Here are some photos of our home and neighborhood.

The Living Room, with the most awesome throw pillows ever.

Looking out from the hall.

Brandon's office.
Did pretty good making a functioning kitchen. Brandon's dad was awesome, he put up 4 shelves for us which are essential to our kitchen storage. 


Great for storage. I have a lot of kitchen gadgets.

Caffeine station, growler holder and fruit shelf.


No hall closet, so we had to go vertical.

Since square footage is rare in NYC you have to use your vertical space well. Don't miss my "gym" on the left side there. :-)

Tiny bedroom that kinda fits a queen size bed. That's Fred on the bed, he's my buddy. (Brandon's too, but don't tell him I said that.)

Our one and only closet. Again, note the use of vertical space. There's another shelf above that you can't see.

I took over the closet, poor Brandon got this dresser.

Having 2 bedroom doors is kinda fun.

Sky view from the bedroom!
Beachy bathroom. (We need some t.p.)
Aloha!

Famous "hot doggery" nearby for only $2.50

72nd and Amsterdam

Broadway and Amsterdam intersection.

Best grocery store around.

The line ALWAYS looks like this, see it wrapped around that pole with the statue of liberty poster? But it moves fast.

Amazing bakery that sell softball size cookies. Thank goodness we live on the 3rd floor so I can work off some of those calories.
See? Amazing.

Typical street.



Very famous and old tea shop.


Not so "city that never sleeps" at 3:30 in the morning.
And of course, this is only a block away.

2 comments:

  1. What an adorable apartment! Although the thought of trying to fit all my stuff into that tiny closet gives me hives. Could. not. do it. I will keep in mind that if I ever move to NYC I will have to give up my pack rat ways.

    The neighborhood looks fantastic too. Glad you got such a great place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We basically sold everything we had before we moved from Seattle, so that made it a lot easier to fit into the closet! And it helps me not buy stuff, I have no where to put it! :-)

      Delete