Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Viva Mexico!

I've been MIA lately thanks to work, family stuff and a fun trip to Mexico! (Fun that is until I brought home an unwanted friend that has made me stay close to the baƱo for a few days. Grrr) Some fun things have happened that I've not done before, like enjoy my first Seder. My boyfriend's family is Jewish, though not devout, but enough that they celebrate the holidays, with food of course, which is lucky for me because his mom makes this big meal complete with Matza, Brisket, (yes, I'm thinking of Howard too) and Gefilte Fish which I kindly passed on. The extended family comes over. There is eating and drinking. You go home full and happy; not unlike my family gathering in Tennessee. No gefilte fish there though, although there is the equaling disgusting innards. Ick. After the lovely passover dinner it was back to work on a really nice four day trip where I did some damage at the Orlando Outlet Malls, it's not just about Mickey down there folks!
Ready for the party!

Then back to the fellas parents for a birthday bash for his dad's 60th birthday! About 50 people packed their house on Long Island for a night of reverier. There was even an impromptu dance party, for one song, in the living room.















The next day we left for a 4 night stay in Playa del Carmen with his immediate family and significant others to continue the birthday celebration.  We stayed at an all-inclusive resort, my first time at one, called The Royal. It was really, really nice. It was adults only so no kids were spotted for 3 full days!
View from our balcony.

Fun towel art!
 What a lovely 3 days of lounging,
sipping tropical cocktails, eating, and playing in the ocean. A few of us brought back an unwanted stomach friend, but other than that the trip was a smashing success!









Now that we are back in NYC spring has finally arrived! Check back soon for my next post on spring time fun here at the house. It's a flash back to the 50's as I try to garden and "hand" wash clothes!
On the way to Cozumel!







No comments:

Post a Comment